Phoenix Supported Employment Service - what we do
Work gives people with disabilities status, respect and dignity in society. Employment enables disabled people to be regarded by society and by themselves as valued members of the community who are making an equal and effective economic and social contribution. We aim to increase opportunities for people with disabilities to acquire and maintain real jobs within an open employment market.
The role of Phoenix SES is not simply to provide advice or guidance to disabled people or to provide a road map for realising their aspirations which they must traverse on their own. Instead we supervise the entire process and give practical support by getting out there with the client from start to finish and this requires intensive person centred support every day over a number of months with each and every individual. The workpaths procedure has been designed to take in all the needs of the client, employer and college and we continually monitor and review the process to make sure that we are providing the most effective and comprehensive service that we can.
Our primary objectives are to enable people with disabilities:
- To find secure employment
- To achieve ongoing equality of opportunity
- To view social inclusion and integration into the mainstreams of society as the norm
- To achieve their own level of independence
- To enhance their quality of life through improved confidence, status, respect and dignity
- To be integrated into the community and be seen as valued members of society who can make an effective economic contribution
- To have access to training to enable them to obtain employment of their choice
The other benefits of our work include:
- Reducing the demand for primary care and mental health services through the promotion of positive mental health and social inclusion.
- Assisting employers in achieving their commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Promoting inter-agency service provision within Salford and Greater Manchester.
The essential role of employers
Our experience shows that employers recognize the need to reflect the diverse nature of society in their work force and that they welcome the support and training that we and others provide in order to help them achieve this within the framework of their business model.
Phoenix SES is totally committed to enabling disabled people take their rightful place in society as effective economic contributors whose equality is respected and maintained through access to the labour market.